Intro


This blog is dedicated to open, interoperable manufacturing software and the coolest, latest and greatest things I see every day while conducting business under the banner of Inductive Automation.

Hello, my name is Steve Hechtman and I am president of Inductive Automation. During the span of one day there is more excitement, more discovery than I can possibly keep to myself. This blog is, therefore, my outlet. WARNING: This site is highly biased in favor of the most powerful, affordable manufacturing software in the world - Ignition by Inductive Automation!

Today, even a kid could install Ignition

We have been, since the beginning, fanatical about delivering greater and greater user friendliness. I wanted, and demanded, an installation that took minutes and which worked the first time, every time, when downloaded and installed.

FactorySQL and FactoryPMI were revolutionary products. But they were separate products that had to work with third party products before they could do anything. More than one person got lost in the installation process. But Ignition is another story. The installation process is so simple it's gotten ridiculous.

I thought, "I'll bet even a kid could install Ignition." So I decided to have my ten-year-old god-daughter give it a try. I sat her down at my desk, pointed her to our website and asked her to download Ignition and install it. I had to show her where to find it on our website, but with a little direction she downloaded Ignition and installed it. The time? Four and a half minutes! When I told her she just installed enough software to run a huge manufacturing plant, her eyes got real big and she started grinning from ear to ear.

If you think I'm exaggerating, you should try it for yourself by downloading it here. If you think it sounds too good to be true, because you've installed other SCADA/MES software that took all day or several days, then give Ignition a try and convince yourself. If you think the learning curve would be too much, just remember my god-daughter – if even a ten year old could do it ...

So what can you do with software that installs in under five minutes? It's got to be pretty limited, right? Wrong. If you really want to know what it can do, read my earlier blog entitled "The Three Minute Misconception". Not only can you start developing right away, but you can have a simple application up and running in half an hour (not to mention launching a dozen clients). But the best part is, you don't even have to contact us to try it out.

Just so you know, we don't do those funky 30-day trials. Our trial is unlimited just like everything else about Ignition. Splurge on it!

No comments: