Intro


This blog is dedicated to open, interoperable manufacturing software and the coolest, latest and greatest things I see every day while conducting business under the banner of Inductive Automation.

Hello, my name is Steve Hechtman and I am president of Inductive Automation. During the span of one day there is more excitement, more discovery than I can possibly keep to myself. This blog is, therefore, my outlet. WARNING: This site is highly biased in favor of the most powerful, affordable manufacturing software in the world - Ignition by Inductive Automation!

When XP support ends next year, Who ya gonna call?

It was just brought to my attention by one of our customers that XP support will end next year.  That really pricked up my ears because tens of thousands of HMI, SCADA and MES systems (if not more) will require upgrading.

Now the shameless self-promotion part (sorry, I can't help it)...  When we say Ignition is cross-platform we mean it also runs on most versions of Windows right out of the box.  Usually people think we're just talking talking about Linux, Unix and OSX, but we also mean Windows.  Just saying.


No comments: