Intro


This blog is dedicated to open, interoperable manufacturing software and the coolest, latest and greatest things I see every day while conducting business under the banner of Inductive Automation.

Hello, my name is Steve Hechtman and I am president of Inductive Automation. During the span of one day there is more excitement, more discovery than I can possibly keep to myself. This blog is, therefore, my outlet. WARNING: This site is highly biased in favor of the most powerful, affordable manufacturing software in the world - Ignition by Inductive Automation!

Rethinking SCADA Software



One of the hardest things I'll ever do is try to explain what Ignition is because it can do so darn many things. This is frustrating for me because I want to tell people all about everything Ignition can do -- and I could overwhelm a person fast. It's sort of like trying to explain what a car is to a pioneer who has never seen one before, and you say, "not only can you drive across the Sierra Nevada mountains in an hour but you have windshield wipers in case it rains, you have this moving map to keep you from getting lost and you can listen to all your favorite music in stereo while you cruise 70mph over the hill." Man, he hasn't even comprehended what a car is yet.

Hopefully this video solves all of that and gets right to the point. If you want to share this video with someone else, paste this URL into your email: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RWmfIVDkN8

No comments: