Intro


This blog is dedicated to open, interoperable manufacturing software and the coolest, latest and greatest things I see every day while conducting business under the banner of Inductive Automation.

Hello, my name is Steve Hechtman and I am president of Inductive Automation. During the span of one day there is more excitement, more discovery than I can possibly keep to myself. This blog is, therefore, my outlet. WARNING: This site is highly biased in favor of the most powerful, affordable manufacturing software in the world - Ignition by Inductive Automation!

Running Ignition on Panelview Plus 6 update

In my post entitled "Ignition runs of Panelview Plus 6", I stated that "One good thing is that the logic modules are separable from the screen unit and you can upgrade your logic modules using the Rockwell Step Forward program."

As it turn out there are some exceptions. According to the Rockwell KB, the following display modules have 5-wire touch screens, and therefore will not work with the newer Panelview Plus 6 logic module:

2711P-RDB7C / Series A, all revs
2711P-RDT12C / Series A, all revs
2711P-RDB12C / Series A, all revs, Series B Rev A

The newer units use a more robust 8-wire touch screen. I would recommend that you verify your own display module's compatibility with the newer logic module (through Rockwell) before deciding on a course of action.

No comments: